This term is used to describe the influence of social factors on an individual’s mental health behavior. A psychosocial assessment is an evaluation of an individual’s mental health, social status, and functional capacity within society. It is also an evaluation of mental, physical, and emotional health. it considers the client’s perception of self and the ability to survive in a community. This term is used to describe the influence of social factors on individual mental health behavior.
A psychosocial assessment is an evaluation of an individual’s mental health, social status, and functional capacity within society. It is also an evaluation of mental, physical, and emotional health. it considers the client’s perception of self and the ability to survive in a community. The essential purpose of a psychosocial assessment is to understand the client and provide help and the best care to obtain optimal health. It is also an essential part of nursing care.
An example of psychological Assessment is the nature of a study. The psychologist examines the relationship between a person’s fears and how he relates to other people in the social sector. The approach of psychosocial looks at people in the context of the combined influence that psychosocial factors and the social surrounding environment have on their physical and mental wellness. The purpose of a psychosocial assessment is to understand the client and provide help and the best care to obtain optimal health. It is also an essential part of nursing care.
An example of psychological Assessment is the nature of a study that examines the relationship between a person’s fears and how he relates to other people in the social sector. The approaches of psychosocial look at people in the context of the combined influence that psychosocial factors and the social surrounding environment have on their physical and mental wellness.
Histories and Medications in the psychosocial Assessment
It includes the following histories and medication and complaints while Identifying a patient of psychosocial Assessment.
- History of current illness
- Psychiatric history
- Medical and surgical history
- Medication list
- History of alcohol and drug use
- Violence risk assessment
- Occupational history
- Educational history
The psychosocial symptoms
The following are psychosocial symptoms of a patient when he/she has a mental disease.
- Cognitive reservation
- Sexual dysfunction
- Psychological distress
- Impairment of concentration
- Psychiatric disorders
Psychosocial Assessment Template
Psychosocial assessments are essential for the rapid change in socioeconomic structure, which leads to psychosocial changes; as a result, children and adolescents are mostly victims of these changes. The psychosocial Assessment Template also consists of details about the Assessment of a particular person. It includes all the changes in the patterns and the behavior of a specific person. The assessment template includes all the vital information of the people and all the systems responsible for changes in behavior. It also provides all the possible reasons for a change in behavioral patterns as well as helps psychological experts to solve such a problem.
Example of the psychosocial assessment template
The following is the example outline of a patient
- Name of patient______________________
- Gender _______________Date of birth________________
- Martial Status__________ Race_________________
- Language is spoken _________________________
- The chief complaint of the patient_____________________
- History of present status___________________________
- Past psychosocial history__________________________
- Past medical History_______________________________
- Past surgical history________________________________
- Medication list_______Dose_____Frequency_______prescribe_____Reason
- Past medication list
- Alcohol Assessment_________________________
- Suicidal Idealization_________________________________________
- Abuse assesment________________________________
- Family social history __________________________________________
- Patient employment__________________________________________
- Developed History_____________________
- Current History______________________________
- Financial Assessment ________________________________________
- Mental Status assessment ___________________________________________
- Behavioral Activity_____________________________
- Functional Activity_____________________________
Child Psychosocial Assessment Template
The child psychosocial assessment template is done by trained child psychologists who are specialists in their fields. These mental health specialists evaluate the child’s strengths and weaknesses. Then they work with the child’s parents and teachers. They prepare a complete report about the child’s present history to history with his illness signs and symptoms.
The children are referred to a psychologist for a psychological assessment for many reasons. Mostly, they may have attention or behavior problems. In school or at home. They are to be subjected. .depressed and have a learning disorder. A school counselor and school teacher suggest that a child must undergo a psychosocial assessment.
By the psychologist’s findings and evaluation, we are to know where the child excels and which areas of the child need to address, for example, undiagnosed learning ability. A doctor says that if you want your child to promote and improve academically and emotionally, then a child is evaluated through a psychological assessment.
During the psychological Assessment. the psychologist says
- First, talk with a child.
- Then his parents about the child’s behavior and emotional skills. The psychologist will look at the neurological function of the child and also asks the child’s teachers.
- The psychologist should also visit the home environment and then evaluate by depending on the reason.
- Have a child complete a standardized test. In the test, the psychologists must be included.
The school record, medical record, and test record about the child must be reviewed to learn more about the child.
When the child’s testing is complete, then his psychologist will discuss the areas in which the child does well and offers suggestions to help them in improving the areas that to be addressed more. if the child is diagnosed with a learning disability or behavioral and emotional issues. Recommendations related to child concerns or problems will be made to manage the child.
The child psychologist can provide positive coping strategies to reduce child strategies.
Child psychosocial assessment outline
The child psychological assessment outline is as
- Child name
- Child illness symptoms
- Anger, anxiety, depression Bedwetting, etc
- Child social history
You describe the child’s social history with friends and relatives
- Child academic history
- Review child exam, test record
- Then the psychologist suggests coping strategies for the child.
Social work Psychological Assessment Template
A psychosocial assessment template in social work is an evaluation of a person’s social status. Persons’ mental health and functional capacity within a society. It considers the client’s perception of self and his/ her ability to function in society.
Social work is one of the most honorable professions. A social worker has many responsibilities.
That ranges from working with families who have to face difficult situations to an individual such as women, children, and men. A social worker responsibility ranges from adoption to processing rehabilitation. Social work is not the demand for all walks of life, A social worker must be well-versed in the process and paperwork. if you are a social worker and join a new job .you need not worry as a social worker, and identify the individual who needs your help. you need to access their situation and their requirements. you should deal with them as a client.
The Social Assessment comes in When you determine the issues of clients.
- You should evaluate the needs and the things that have to face challenging circumstances.
- You also evaluate clients’ coping habits.
- You should try to find out the resources that are necessary for the development of clients.
Social work psychological assessment examples are social work assessment from clinical social work assessment. A medical social work assessment form and a community social work assessment form are examples of it.
Social work psychological assessment template MS Word /PDF is available. You can download it for your demands.
Bio Psychological Assessment Template
The biopsychological assessment template consists of questions that determine biological, psychological, and social factors. All these contribute to a person’s problems. it also includes medical and genetic issues, age, physical features, and development milestones.
To perform bio psychological assessment, these necessary points are to be followed.
- Identify the initial problem, which belongs to the client’s dealings and contributing factors.
- Then, identify the secondary problems and the needs of the clients.
- Describe the client’s sense of urgency. the client has the problems
- The interaction of biological and psychological attributes with social circumstances such as generational poverty, lack of education vocational, and many others contribute to the physical Assessment.
An example of biopsychological Assessment is as
Bio psychological Assessment
- Date of exam
- Time of exam
- Patient name
- Patient phone no
- Patient History
Mrs. Joyce is a widower, an American,34 years old woman.
Her major complaint is,” I can not eat sleep. bath, or sit still. since my husband died three months ago. (she provided this information)
She reports complaints about her appetite and depression. crying spells, and feelings of sadness.
She tries to suicide many times.
Past psychiatric history
She suffered from anxiety, depression, and tension.
Social development history
She has family and out-of-family relationships and friends.
She is American. She is a Christian.
Barriers to treatment.
Emotional and psychiatric problems.
- Her father is known to have anxiety.
- Her sister has to know about depression.
- The daughter has a learning disorder.
- Treatment on daily instructions.
The patient is treated on mentioned -above histories through bio-psychological assessment.
Geriatric Psychological Assessment Template
The geriatric psychological assessment template is a diagnostic process. It includes both evaluation and management. It also requires the evaluation of multiple issues, including the physical, cognitive, social, economic environment, and spiritual components. It influences an adult’s health. It is a multidimensional multi discrepancy assessment designed to evaluate an older person’s functional ability, physical health cognition, mental health, and socio-environmental circumstances. when a physician identifies a potential problem he also identifies other specific elements related to physical health means, nutrition, vision, hearing, urinary, and balance
The geriatric psychological Assessment also helps to diagnose medical conditions, and develop treatment, and follow-up plans.
A complete genetic, psychological assessment is initiated, when the physician detects a potential problem such as confusion or falls immobility. It also differs from typical medical evaluation by including nonmedical domains. it is less comprehensive and more problem-directed.
Focused sample geriatric physical examination
Signs Physical sign Difference Examination
- Blood pressure Hypertension Adverse effects from medication
- Heart rate Bradycardia Adverse effects from medication
- The respiratory rate increased respiratory rate in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Temperature Hyperthermia Hyper-and hypothyroidism
- Hynothemis infection
The geriatric psychological assessment template aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities the older patients. it is also called medical gerontology.
In short, a psychosocial assessment template deals with an individual’s mental health, social status, and functional ability with society, and it is essential for rapid change in the socioeconomic structure.